Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I just got back home from spending some time with my son at the community pool. It was a good time and a great eye opener as well. I saw several couples there some my age, and they were close together, not all over eachother but you knew there was affection. I realized that i haven't had that in a while, a long while. I try and think back and I can't remember any outward affection from my spouse in years. How could I have been so oblivious? Even in the beginning he would fail to introduce me to people, he would go off on his own at a party and unless you knew us directly, you might not know we were together. He always just convinced me that he wasn't an outwardly affectionate person, and when we were alone he was great. Has he ever loved me? I remember he cried during our vows and I swear I felt love for so many years. Is it possible that some men just don't feel comfortable displaying emotion in public? I think part of me has reached the point of no return, and my "needing" him is fading. I am hurt, but now I'm angry. I wasted many of the best years of my life on a man that never felt for me the way I felt for him. I am finding strength that I didn't know I had, and I think I need to just continue to move forward without looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment